Wednesday 10 September 2008

Pilgrim's Coming Home

Angela has had a call to say that Pilgrim is ready to come home this weekend. He has been gone about a month and the only previous comment was that he would never be fast but he needed a lot of persuasion if he didn’t want to do something. That is the understatement of the year. Perhaps a piece of 3x2 on the back of the head might have worked, nothing much else did for me! Thinking about it, it also means that I might have to start riding him next week.

Because Angela is away, this also meant that I had to get one of the other stables cleaned out ready for his return. Today was my day off so, no time like the present! So there I am with my Jeyes fluid trying to scrub years of muck off a stable floor. Good job I was inside because we had yet another thunderstorm and downpour.

No comments: