Sunday 7 September 2008

Getting nearer to the point

Just read through what I have written and realised that I haven’t explained why I’ve called this Pilgrim’s progress. Best to start at the very beginning as Julie Andrew’s would say. I have been interested in horses all of my life. In fact as a child I wanted to be one not just own one. Naturally I never had lessons as my parents couldn’t afford them. When I was about 28 I worked with a women who had ridden all her life and she persuaded me to go to a local riding school and learn how to ride. We had a great time and I got so that I was not bad and could ride the middle of the road type of horse. Not the nutcases but not just the plodders either. Then I got pregnant with my second daughter and had to give up for a while. However my daughter Angela was born obsessed with horses. As young as 18months she used to sit on the arm of the sofa and watch channel four racing pretending to be on a horse.

No comments: