Thursday 11 September 2008

Not Horses - Skiing

About 15 years ago the same friend who had got me into horse riding suggested we all went skiing. Not really a good idea for me because I don’t like heights and I don’t like being cold. However, I was out voted and the four of us set off to a log cabin in Scotland. It was a really nice cabin and the weather was lovely – no snow but sunny. The first morning we all went to be kitted out with boots, skis and snowsuits. I just couldn’t believe how uncomfortable the boots were! Then we had to drive to the nursery slopes where there was fortunately plenty of snow. Put my boots and skis on and promptly fell over. Just the start of the hundreds of times I was to fall over that weekend. My husband of course, being rather sporty, found it reasonably easy, at least to go in straight line. He never really mastered the art of turning on skis

No comments: