Thursday 11 September 2008

And the final time we went to Canada. Just me and him. We stayed in Whistler - what a beautiful place. The temperature was about minus 12 but the sun was shining so you had to have your sunglasses on as well as your fur hat. You could also sit outside and drink beer – something you can’t even do in England in August! I could go about half way up this mountain because it had a gondola and we did several trips up and down until the third day.
There had been a fall of fresh powder which I now know is notoriously difficult for European skiers – especially crap ones like myself! We were on our second trip down, me a short way behind my husband, when my ski tip dug into the snow on a turn. The next thing I know I was falling and I could hear my knee go pop!.

No comments: