Sunday 7 September 2008

I took her for riding lessons when she was old enough and she had ridden ever since. When the children were small we got a couple of fell ponies on loan from a man in Tebay and kept them in a friends large back garden. I didn’t really ride much after than as there was no way I could afford lessons and keeping a pony for them.
Moving on several years Angela worked after school at a racing stable and helped to bring the horses on. There was however no way she could be a jockey as she grew to 5ft 11 and 8 stone would have been impossible! She then went off at a tangent and got a job as a trainee professional golfer. Then one day I came home and she said to me “mum I’ve got something to tell your” – my immediate thought was that she was pregnant but no it was “I’ve bought a horse”.

No comments: