Thursday 11 September 2008

All in all we had an excellent few days that first time we tried to ski. I have never laughed so much in my whole life nor have I ever had such painful calf and thigh muscles!
We had to go further up the mountain on the second day to practise our snow ploughs which necessitated using the button lift. The burn that that causes in your thigh muscles is unbelievable. My husband was going up the mountain on the lift and got distracted by looking at a snow making machine trying to see how it worked. We he turned to look at the machine he promptly fell over and had to walk the rest of the way up the mountain so he was boiling hot as well as knackered by the time he joined the rest of us! Neither of us will ever be famous skiers on the television I’m afraid

No comments: